Monday, September 28, 2009

Butterfly Challenge

I've been trying for days to get this layout uploaded for the Butterfly Challenge over at Scrap-A-Little http://www.scrap-a-little.com/ It just doesn't seem like there is enough hours in the day to do all I want or need to do.


The challenge was to create a card or layout using butterflies. It could be one or several and you could use stickers, stamps, rub ons etc. There was also a template provided that gave several different butterflies if you wanted to use it. Here's what I came up with:


I wanted to do a layout that reflected fall. When I think of fall I always think relaxing beautiful cool weather. The sentiment "lazy days" was perfect for what I had pictured in my head. Fall is probably my favorite season....so what do, I do I move to Arizona were the only season we have is summer. Record heat yesterday at 107 and suppose to be another hot day today at 106....Can't complain to much when a lot of people are digging out of snow were enjoying beautiful weather. Anyway......back to the layout. The green on here is a little deceiving it actually is darker than the picture is showing.


Here is a close up of the ribbon. I used a rust ribbon straight down the side and then tide in a cheater bow that had fall colors.


For the butterfly I used a pattern that I had for stained glass. Cut out 2 of them, colored, added jewels and stuck them together so that it actually looks like the butterfly is flying.



Hope you like what I came up with. If you have a chance check out Helen's blog (Scrap A Little) http://www.scrap-a-little.com/ she has some great tutorials for butterflies, bows and flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment